(First BBC family Photograph; 1944 YMCA, Kokomo, Indiana) The beginning of Bible Baptist Church occurred in the summer of 1944 when thirty-three members joined together to form a strong Bible-centered ministry in Kokomo, Indiana. From the very early days, BBC has been marked by strong Bible teaching, community outreach, and a heart for international missions.
In 1946, growth led the our church family to purchase a large house at 404 West Jefferson Street. This became our place of worship and fellowship.
As growth continued, the house became inadequate and plans were made to build a new structure at the same location. In 1953, the first phase of the new building was completed. By 1957, funds had been raised to build an auditorium . In 1960, an educational wing was added. By 1974 a second morning service was added to accommodate growth. Later that year, the church began the ministry of Kokomo Christian School. An initial enrollment of 100 students in kindergarten through eighth grade signaled future interest in this important venture of faith.
Through successive years, the church continued to see significant blessing. In the late 1970's, planning commenced to relocate to our 80-acre site on South Dixon Road. In 1980, our present 48,000 square foot facility was completed. That fall, Kokomo Christian School began the process of expanding through twelfth grade.
In 1998, Bible Baptist Church purchased the McGavic building primarily for a Youth Facility. It was located on a one acre plot on Zartman Road about 1/2 mile South of the church. The facility was appropriately named the "ROCK" (Reaching Others for Christ in Kokomo). The facility was sold in 2008.
A Facility Expansion Committee was formed in 1997 to determine the next steps. After much prayer and study, the congregation approved a plan to add 14,000 sq. ft including a Worship Center, a music room, two classrooms, an overflow room, and a ladies' restroom. In late 2001, a contract was signed, and ground was broken in February 2002 with a completion date of December 2002. The two classrooms were completed and put into use in August 2003. The first service in the Worship Center was held on December 8, 2002.